The NSW English Syllabus for the Australian Curriculum mandates that in each year students must use digital technologies to create texts. My School Studio is a whole school resource that enables students to create increasingly more sophisticated digital texts as they move from Kindergarten to year 6 and beyond.
By the time they graduate from Year 6, a primary school is expected to have given its students the skills, knowledge and understanding to compose, edit and present well-structured and coherent texts. This includes the ability to competently and creatively use digital technologies to create texts. With My School Studio, and it’s Professional Development workshops and student programs, these outcomes can be achieved seamlessly.
Knowledge, Skills and Understanding
Students will develop knowledge, skills and understanding to:
● create digital texts.
● to effectively communicate via the digital medium of film.
● to respond to and make inferences about information via the digital medium of film.
● to critical analyse and evaluate information via the digital medium of film.
Values and Attitudes
Students learn to:
● appreciate digital film making as an integral and relevant part of life
● show interest and enjoyment in creating digital texts
● demonstrate confidence to use technology to create digital texts.
● develop and demonstrate understanding of the responsibilities of sharing digital
texts via the Internet.
● recognise that digital texts have developed as the result of significant
advancements in technology
Learning in My School Studio
From K6 learning and understanding of digital film making are developed. Students are
encouraged to apply the knowledge, skills and understanding from all key learning areas to the
digital film making process.