Code of Conduct
The aim of this Code is to establish a common understanding of the standards of behaviour expected of all StarTime employees, contractors, and volunteers.
This Code represents a broad framework that will help you decide on an appropriate course of action when you are faced with an ethical issue.
The Code places an obligation on all of us to take responsibility for our own conduct and to create a working environment that is collaborative, positive, and inspiring so all of us feel happy and proud to work at StarTime.
- First and foremost is the safety of our students. Take all necessary and reasonable actions to make sure each workshop space is safe for children, parents, and colleagues (see coach guidelines)
- As a StarTime Coach, you will be expected to arrive on time and keep to the schedule provided
- Familiarise yourself with the StarTime Way
- A coach is not permitted to work without a Working With Children’s Check or equivalent
- To foster an atmosphere of positivity and inspiration in any workshop you teach
- To welcome all students, parents, colleagues, and venue staff as part of our team and treat them with respect, fairness, and generosity. Keeping the communication lines open
- Always behave professionally in a way that upholds the StarTime values of Courage, Commitment, listening and Teamwork
- Always take pride in your appearance. Make sure you are wearing the StarTime uniform at all times, at the workshop venue and it is kept looking presentable
- No drugs or alcohol to be consumed before or during any StarTime workshop, or taking anything that may impair your ability to conduct the curriculum and exercises
- Any form of hitting a child with respect to discipline is never permitted
- A Coach should never be alone in a room with only one other childSubmit an invoice with a valid ABN or a timesheet (if a junior coach), promptly
- Refer all work and/or students requesting further tuition to StarTime Head Office
- Under no circumstances should a Coach be in contact with a student/s outside the workshop environment especially in regard to social media, inc Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other sites
- Under no circumstances should a Coach encourage StarTime’s employees, contractors, or customers away from StarTime Studios for the purposes of progressing their own competing ventures.
- If you are unsure of what is the best ethical action to take in any given circumstance, consult the head coach and call StarTime management
Once you have read over the Code of Conduct please complete the form below: