StarTime’s Fun Physics workshop is designed to take everyday items and transform them into magical objects creating gravity, friction, static electricity, kinetic energy, force, motion and magnetism. Participants will engage in scientific play to discover how these elements in our world interact.
As in all StarTime workshops, exercises and activities will be highly collaborative in nature, fostering creativity and end with students performing their favourite experiment to the group.
Popsicle sticks will make catapults for our “catapult wars,” Participants will create rockets powered by carbon dioxide. Magnets will be used to discover what everyday metals attract to each other. Of course, our favourite slime making will be back to discover the planets of our solar system and how they interact.
Professor Eis-in-slime will make his anticipated appearance and guide students through their day of discovery.
- Engage in experiments that demonstrate and define the physics behind our everyday world
- Create parachutes and measure flight based on size and shape
- Create egg crash containers
- Create a popsicle stick catapult
- Interact with our plasma ball and discover static electricity
- Build a slime solar system
- Foster a curiosity about the world of physics and the fun it creates!
If you’d like to see StarTime at your school or nearby location please fill in the form below and we’ll continue the conversation. Alternatively you can email email@example.com