Scary Movie Making
Just in time for Halloween learn how a film can scare you right off your seat! If you love films and you love telling stories via film, then this workshop teaches you HOW.
Making scary films uses all the techniques you need to make ALL sorts of films - suspense, action and emotion. Our professional filmmakers will show you techniques in; How to use camera movement, angles and framing, music and sound effects, as well as lighting and performance to manipulate, shock and scare your audience right out off their seats! Together in groups of 3-4 we use iPads, and microphones with iMovie to create your group's film. Join us to have fun behind and in front of the camera these holidays!
Please note: students are NOT required to bring their own device. StarTime will provide all equipment needed during the workshop. Students are encouraged to bring along any props or costumes they may like to use during the filming sessions.
- Communicate and combine different ideas within a group in order to produce a mutually agreed outcome.
- Learn to utilise features of imovie trailer app in order to form a coherent story within the trailer format
- Apply lighting, camera techniques, sound and performance to create suspense in a film
- Understand and apply script writing and storyboarding within the iMovie app.
- Critically reflect on films based on filmmaking techniques they learn.
- Use performance to convey character and emotion to build suspense
- Understand and apply effective editing techniques to convey story
If you’d like to see StarTime at your school or nearby location please fill in the form below and we’ll continue the conversation. Alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org